Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Summer Meal Planning

 

So, as we enter another Texas summer it is getting too hot to cook, I am going to move away from meal planning and begin keeping simple quick fix things in the fridge... Tomorrow I am going shopping and here is what I will be getting;
  • mandarin oranges
  • Frozen Broccoli
  • Green Bell Peppers
  • Large flour tortillas
  • Chicken
  • Salad Dressing 
  • Fetta Cheese
  • Lunch Meat 
  • Olive
  • Crispy Asian Noodles 
  • Tortilla Strips 
I have these things on hand;
  • Cheese 
  • Lettuce
  • Pasta
  • Canned Corn
  • Chicken
  • Lunch Meat (a little low)
  • Pepperonis
  • Apples
  • Crackers
  • Tuna 
  • Grapes
  • Lemon Juice
  • Eggs
  • Nuts
I can make the following with these items;
  • Pasta Salads
  • Green Salads ( Asian Salad, Ceaser Salad, South Western Salad)
  • Wraps
  • Sandwiches
A lot of the time I am not very hungry this time of year, I think its important to keep quick, simple and healthy options going readily available throughout the day for when we are hungry,  These are also things that David can eat as well!


*I also always keep fresh fruit and some dried in the house!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for the comment, I will respond to you as soon as I can!
~Nicole