Friday, September 30, 2011

Meal Planning Basics

So this is a new feature wooo hooo, check back each week to see the meals that I have planned.  We follow a low cholesterol, heart healthy diet so ingredients can be changed some!  I will try to include recipes when I can as well as a shopping list, recipes can be found on the separate Recipes page (a tab is at the top of the page just click!)




 
This is one of my favorite simple cookbooks i will be adding recipes from it to the meal 
plan many of them can be found in the newer Betty Crocker cookbook

Photobucket



So I know this isn't the clearest of pictures how ever I wanted to show y'all how I Have done my m
my meal planning in the past I used post its at the bottom of my calendar
(a monthly weekly one that i got at staples)this allows me to move things around
if need be and can save me time later by moving things to a new day!

Currently I am using Cozi and just put it in at 6pm every day , I also have the Cozi app on my phone and I love it because I can have it email things to Kevin, I also keep my shopping lists on it and my to-do lists! Kevin can also add to the shopping lists from his phone and it show up on mine.






Links for meal planning


 
Click the Crock-Pot to be taken to Coupon Newbies Croc-Pot dinner thread!



Click on the Chicken to be taken to Coupon Newbies quick meal ideas!



My Ingredients 

I always use ground turkey instead of ground beef, and boneless skinless chicken breasts, brawts are always turkey or chicken.  All of the bread products we use are whole wheat and come from the discount bread store. I bake cookies once a week for lunches and snacks, muffins are from mixes along with brownies and cakes, I just buy them when they are on sale. I keep Splenda, brown sugar, white sugar, wheat flour and all purpose flour on hand along with other ingredients for baking and Bisquick!  Cheese is also a staple in our home

  • When a meal says Bisquick ____ the recipe can be found on the box or Bisquick website!
  • Meals like bbq beef are store bought (loyds) when on sale! along with other items like volia, or Bertolli.
  • Pizza is made from scratch every week! (Kevin dose this)


Breakfasts


I keep eggs, egg substitute, cereal, bagels, English muffins, frozen hash browns, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, and oatmeal on hand and we fix what ever we have time to that morning if something is gone it is gone till the next time I make it to the market!  Bisquick comes in handy in the mornings too!


Lunches


I keep bread and other sandwich fixings on hand its just part of the weekly shopping (try to make it last 2 weeks when we can!) these items include: peanut butter, jam, lunch meat, lettuce, and sliced cheese, condiments are considered staples as well. I also keep hot dogs, fish sticks or frozen chicken fingers, fries and tater tots!

Other Meal Ideas
  • Taco Salad
  • Ceaser Salad
  • Chili 
  • Chili Mac
  • Potato Casserole
  • Shepard's Pie
  • Swedish Meatballs
  • Sausage & Peppers
  • Mince(great on a rainy or snowy day, I serve over mashed potatoes recipe can be found here)
  • Beef Burgundy (from Betty Crocker one dish)  
  • Corn Chowder (recipe on recipe page)

Keep Checking Back for more meal planning info!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for the comment, I will respond to you as soon as I can!
~Nicole